Making Canada Accessible - Join us!
Monday, May 31, 2021
1:00 pm to 4:15 pm EST
Registration - Closed
Admission is free. You must register to attend. Space is limited.
Registration is closed.
How to join the event
- You will receive a link after registering.
- Use this link on the day of the event to join us online.
- There will also be an option to call-in and listen to the event by telephone.
For more information
Call us: 1-833-854-7628
Accessibility Standards Canada is hosting its first virtual annual public meeting! Join us online to meet and exchange ideas with our Board of directors and CEO.
Why join us?
- Learn about our mandate, our achievements to date and our plans for the future.
- Hear from accessibility experts.
- Share your thoughts on accessibility areas related to our mandate (see thematic sessions below.)
We are excited to meet Canadians from across the country, and to share ideas on how to make Canada accessible for all!
The second part of the meeting will consist of 3 thematic sessions. Guest speakers will introduce each of these topics. Check our themes and speakers below. This will be your chance to have your say!
Topic 1: Accessible service delivery
What barriers do you face when trying to access programs and services from federal organizations? What should a standard on accessible service delivery address?
Topic 2: Barriers in emergency situations
What are some of the key barriers to accessibility created or made worse by emergencies such as COVID-19? What should a standard on emergency measures cover?
Topic 3: Emerging accessibility barriers
What are some of the new barriers that you are facing in federal organizations and spaces?
Registration - Closed
This event is free and everybody is invited. You must register in order to attend. Space is limited.
This event was designed with accessibility in mind. You can also state on your registration form any additional accessibility features you will need. We will do our best to accommodate all requests received by May 14, 2021.
If you need help registering or have questions, please contact us by email or by phone (1-833-854-7628).
Official program (Eastern Standard Time)
- 1:00 PM: Wait for attendees to log-on
- 1:05 PM: Opening prayer by Elder Roseann Martin
- 1:20 PM: Board presentation
- 2:05 PM: Break
- 2:15 PM: Accessible service delivery with: Maayan Ziv
- 2:50 PM: Barriers in emergency situations with: Paul Lupien
- 3:25 PM: Break
- 3:35 PM: Emerging barriers to accessibility with: Dr. Roberta Timothy, Melissa Graham, and Meenu Sikand
- 4:10 PM: Concluding remarks / How to stay engaged
- 4:15 PM: Event ends