Accessibility Standards Canada, the government’s leader in creating accessibility standards, is the first federal organization majority-led by people with disabilities. It is governed by a 9-member Board of Directors and a Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Directors and the CEO are Governor in Council appointees.
Board of Directors
Accessibility Standard Canada's Board of Directors:
- sets its strategic direction and vision;
- oversees its activities; and
- provides advice to the CEO.
The majority of Directors are people with disabilities and reflect the diversity of Canadian society. Director positions are part-time.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The CEO works full time. His responsibilities include:
- establishing partnerships within all levels of government;
- leading our research and development program; and
- supervising day-to-day operations.