Advancing Accessibility Standards Research
Our grants and contributions program supports research projects that try to find, take away and stop obstacles to accessibility.
This research will help to inform the accessibility standards in the future.
The main goal of this program is to work with a lot of different people and organizations across Canada to move forward accessibility standards research.
Some of the other program goals include:
- Involving persons with disabilities, other experts and organizations, to inform the research plans; and
- Finding and sharing research, information, best practices, tools about accessibility obstacles and standards.
Priority areas for 2023 to 2024
- employment - including accessible employment for youth with disabilities transitioning from school to work
- the built environment
- information and communication technologies
- communication, other than information and communication technologies - including accessible communications through sign language (American Sign Language, Langue des signes québécoise, Indigenous Sign Language)
- procurement of goods, services, and facilities
- design and delivery of programs and services - including inclusive and accessible service delivery
- Canada’s election process, including voting and running for office
Current call for proposals
Funding for Advancing Accessibility Standards Research: Closed for this year.