Advancing Accessibility Standards Research
On this page
American Sign Language (ASL) version of this page
Our grants and contributions program supports research projects that try to find, take away and stop obstacles to accessibility.
This research will help to inform the accessibility standards in the future.
The main goal of this program is to work with a lot of different people and organizations across Canada to move forward accessibility standards research.
Some of the other program goals include:
- Involving persons with disabilities, other experts and organizations, to inform the research plans; and
- Finding and sharing research, information, best practices, tools about accessibility obstacles and standards.
Priority areas for 2021 to 2022
- Accessibility in Indigenous communities
- Built environment, with a focus on heritage buildings
- Communication, other than plain language
- Design and delivery of programs and services
- Information and communication technology
- Procurement (buying) of goods, services and facilities
Past projects we funded
Find projects funded in previous calls online on open government.